February 21, 2013 § Leave a Comment
As much as I loved blogging I’m going to bid adieu. I offer my most sincere thank you to the sponsors, friends, readers most of all. I am so thankful for everything that has happened to me because of this little blog (being in TheAge, various other publications, meeting the most amazing, inspirational bloggers some of whom I am able to call friends now). Who knows maybe I’ll turn up somewhere else…. In the meantime there’s Instagram (@angelayang_) and Twitter (@angelayang)
December 4, 2012 § 3 Comments
I boarded a horrendously long flight to China so harem pants were acceptable!
Made sure I was constantly digesting something during my 3 week stay.
Some old fashioned pampering (including getting a digital perm)
Shopped until I nearly passed out from exhaustion
Saw my birthtown from the perspective of a tourist
Dined at Nobu when I came back to Melb.
Took all my outfit photos ‘OPGPOSE’ style (That’s Oscar PR Girl Pose FYI)
Won a Hermes Clic Clac through Vogue AU
Discovered a wonderful cafe and became a regular
Started Sewing again!
How was your October and November?
November 19, 2012 § 3 Comments
A while ago I was contacted by the lovely people over at Surania to try out their custom bikini service. YES. CUSTOM BATHING SUITS. EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN MISSING FROM MY LIFE (all I need now is to be able to design custom shoes and I am SET!). So to say I was happy to oblige would be an absolute understatement. Remember those fashion design gamed for tweens where you pick out outlines for tops, dressed, shoes etc, then the colours, patterns? Surania is like the grown up version of that except you can get your design made! I’ve long wanted to design and make my own bikinis except swimsuit Lycra is so hard to tame and a bikini is just too fiddly for me. The shopping was just such a breeze and a lot of fun. You first select the shape of the top and bottoms (or one piece if you so desire) you wish to unleash your creativity on. Then you’re faced with the fun filled task of choosing patterns/colours (there’s an amazing array to suit everyone’s taste) and accessories such as baubles and rings -I spent at least 4 hours playing around with all kinds of designs before I settled on this nautical inspired look- Finally, when you’ve finally chosen the look that floats your boat, you enter your measurements, pay and your design goes into production! Throughout the whole process the total price of your design so far is displayed on the top right corner for those who like to keep their bank balance in mind. A few short weeks weeks later, your design arrives at your door! I was so excited to wear it I went to the beach the week I got it even though it isn’t quite warm enough yet! Overall, the whole process was smooth and fun…. DID I MENTION FUN??? But because it is made to measure, I cannot emphasize the importance of correct measurements! Get someone experienced to do your measurements as I correct fitting bikinis are vital! Trust me, I went through a tough period of ill fitting, last minute bikinis at the start of this year when I suddenly grew a fondness of impromptu beach trips.
Head on over to www.surania.com and have a play!
July 23, 2012 § 15 Comments
July 4, 2012 § 20 Comments
I was chatting with a friend about returning to the idea of ‘themed dressing’ to make outfit choosing a little easier every morning (LOL JK I struggle to sleep if I don’t have an outfit planned every night, even on days off). Is it ‘sartorial cheating’ to go with a colour scheme? I say- nay. All and well to delve into your knowledge about colour theory and do some technical colour blocking but I just went with blue.Shirt: School uniform from Bob Stewart//Cardigan (worn as sweater):Cocolatte//Skirt: My own design//Necklace: Gift//Rings: Ebay//Black necklace: My own design//Watch: Ebay//Suede pumps: Jo Mercer//Jacket: Lovelygirl//Ipad case (as clutch): Typo
I’m such a bad blogger when it comes to awards and tags but thanks to ExCurly and Akifor the tags. I’m going to attempt to answer some of the Qs:
1. Who is your favorite superhero? Why? Spiderman, because of Andrew Garfield, who is a babe and a half
2. What is your favorite magazine? I haven’t bought a magazine in so long but if I could I would buy every single Vogue Paris Collections
3. Have you ever lived abroad? Well… Technically Australia is “abroad” for me
4. If you could only wear one accessory (bracelet, earring, necklace, etc) for the rest of your life, what would you wear? Is this question trying to trick me to NOT say shoes? I’m going to go with shoes
5. Do you own any animals? No
6. How do you know when it’s true love? Pass
7. As for perfume… floral, fruity, foodie, other? Chypre, fruity top note, floral mid, mossy undertones oOOOooo yeahhh
8. Do you have a favorite store to shop at for clothes? I don’t buy clothes often but Clegs, for fabrics.
9. What blogging habit gets on your nerves? People who only post other people’s pictures with no words…
10. What type of music do you like listening to? Any favorite artists or songs? I listen to pretty much everything but right now I’m really enjoying Anthem Lights and Karmin.
11. Are you satisfied with your job? At this stage, yes, very.
June 27, 2012 § 19 Comments
It’s certainly no secret that I love prints…
Abstract zebra print skirtPolyhedra print skirt Purple floral skirt Mod print Skirt Checked circle skirt Velvet printed circle skirt Velvet printed highlow dressXXASAB
PS. If you’re in WA and love Gaga, you have 2 days to bid on my tickets to the Born This Way ball http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160829603080!PPS. If you love boots and are a size 7, buy my boots! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160829609391