My Christmas Gift Guide
December 20, 2010 §
Buying gifts for people are hard, especially when you a) leave it to the last minute b) have too many friends c) come to the sudden realisation that you have no idea where to go d) haven’t received anything this year because you gave such dreadful gifts last year or a combination of some/all of them! Here’s my guide gift giving:
1. Don’t leave it to the last minute
2. Make a list, put people into groups and give each group or person a budget (I know this is hard but you have to do it!
3. If there are people who gave you presents last year but you didn’t buy anything for them(and didn’t have a back up gift. note 5), PLEASE get something for them
4. Regifting is OK, just make sure they would NEVER find out.
5. Always have backup gifts, small wrapped gifts (chocolates, small cosmetics etc) in your bag for when you might run into people who might give you a present.
6. Ditto for cards too, I know this is going to sounds so horrible but just have a generic term of endearment at the top (I normally do this for last day of school and since I go to an all girls school “dear babe/sweets/darling” works for me)
6. Try and wrap your own presents or at least add your own touch with a bow, sticker ANYTHING! I personally like designing your own gift boxes (I got mine online then added ribbons but you can get them from $2 shops and decorate them)
7. At least attempt thoughtful gift giving.
For the woman who beared and beared with you (aka your mother): A nice classy, classic bag:
Fendi PeekabooYSL muse
For the BFFL who has been by your side through thick and thin, bad and good: Something fun and fluttery
For the sister who takes your shoes all the time (I don’t have one, I wouldn’t know LOL): A pair of amazing black pumps that you can take
Christian Louboutins (These look like you stepped in diamonds and they just exploded all over your shoes)
For your dad who’s just awesome because he’s your dad: Something useful and understated
Stephen Webster cufflinks
Or even better a gift card from Repco!
For the cousin who has everything: An OTT, festive headband
VeeChay VeeChay Bijoux Heart For yourself, because you deserve it: A gold dress
Picture credits: net-a-porter, SAKS, barney’s, veechay.com, neiman marcus.