December 4, 2012 § 3 Comments
I boarded a horrendously long flight to China so harem pants were acceptable!
Made sure I was constantly digesting something during my 3 week stay.
Some old fashioned pampering (including getting a digital perm)
Shopped until I nearly passed out from exhaustion
Saw my birthtown from the perspective of a tourist
Dined at Nobu when I came back to Melb.
Took all my outfit photos ‘OPGPOSE’ style (That’s Oscar PR Girl Pose FYI)
Won a Hermes Clic Clac through Vogue AU
Discovered a wonderful cafe and became a regular
Started Sewing again!
How was your October and November?
July 4, 2012 § 20 Comments
I was chatting with a friend about returning to the idea of ‘themed dressing’ to make outfit choosing a little easier every morning (LOL JK I struggle to sleep if I don’t have an outfit planned every night, even on days off). Is it ‘sartorial cheating’ to go with a colour scheme? I say- nay. All and well to delve into your knowledge about colour theory and do some technical colour blocking but I just went with blue.Shirt: School uniform from Bob Stewart//Cardigan (worn as sweater):Cocolatte//Skirt: My own design//Necklace: Gift//Rings: Ebay//Black necklace: My own design//Watch: Ebay//Suede pumps: Jo Mercer//Jacket: Lovelygirl//Ipad case (as clutch): Typo
I’m such a bad blogger when it comes to awards and tags but thanks to ExCurly and Akifor the tags. I’m going to attempt to answer some of the Qs:
1. Who is your favorite superhero? Why? Spiderman, because of Andrew Garfield, who is a babe and a half
2. What is your favorite magazine? I haven’t bought a magazine in so long but if I could I would buy every single Vogue Paris Collections
3. Have you ever lived abroad? Well… Technically Australia is “abroad” for me
4. If you could only wear one accessory (bracelet, earring, necklace, etc) for the rest of your life, what would you wear? Is this question trying to trick me to NOT say shoes? I’m going to go with shoes
5. Do you own any animals? No
6. How do you know when it’s true love? Pass
7. As for perfume… floral, fruity, foodie, other? Chypre, fruity top note, floral mid, mossy undertones oOOOooo yeahhh
8. Do you have a favorite store to shop at for clothes? I don’t buy clothes often but Clegs, for fabrics.
9. What blogging habit gets on your nerves? People who only post other people’s pictures with no words…
10. What type of music do you like listening to? Any favorite artists or songs? I listen to pretty much everything but right now I’m really enjoying Anthem Lights and Karmin.
11. Are you satisfied with your job? At this stage, yes, very.
June 27, 2012 § 19 Comments
It’s certainly no secret that I love prints…
Abstract zebra print skirtPolyhedra print skirt Purple floral skirt Mod print Skirt Checked circle skirt Velvet printed circle skirt Velvet printed highlow dressXXASAB
PS. If you’re in WA and love Gaga, you have 2 days to bid on my tickets to the Born This Way ball http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160829603080!PPS. If you love boots and are a size 7, buy my boots! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160829609391
June 17, 2012 § 20 Comments
Ever since Kenzo, I’ve had a thing for winter hats, nothing says “effortless chic” like a floppy, felt hat. But at school, it just didn’t seem practical as it would not fit in my tiny locker when I had to take it off. When I saw this hat at Tempt for the price of well… peanuts I just had to have it. Blazer: Tempt//Backwards jumper/cardigan: Cocolatte//Skirt: My own design//Tights: Wolford//Bag: Longchamp//Booties: Ninewest//Hat: Tempt//Scarf: Vintage/gifted//Bangle: Erika//Rings: Ebay
Hope you all have a delightful week
PS. I’m also now on instagram! Find me: Angelayang_
May 28, 2012 § 20 Comments
I’ve finally figuratively gotten back on the horse, and started sewing again. While I still love some serious colour blocking, I’m also feeling more into prints, more specifically cotton sateen prints. Haven’t had enough time to shoot all the skirts I’ve made over the past couple of days but here’s a preview of things to comeThese days finding the right balance between what’s appropriate for work and what I enjoy wearing is getting a lot easier. Thanks to a love blazers and heels from a young age! Printed skirt: My own design//Ribbed peter pan shirt: Decorated by me//Grey blazer: LFDM//Tan satchel: Prada//Printed scarf; gift//Suede booties; Joanne Mercer//Ring: eBay
PS. Thanks for the lovely comments about the shirt+sweater look, I got another shirt(and bangle)PPS: I’m on Pinterest now!