July 4, 2012 § 20 Comments
I was chatting with a friend about returning to the idea of ‘themed dressing’ to make outfit choosing a little easier every morning (LOL JK I struggle to sleep if I don’t have an outfit planned every night, even on days off). Is it ‘sartorial cheating’ to go with a colour scheme? I say- nay. All and well to delve into your knowledge about colour theory and do some technical colour blocking but I just went with blue.Shirt: School uniform from Bob Stewart//Cardigan (worn as sweater):Cocolatte//Skirt: My own design//Necklace: Gift//Rings: Ebay//Black necklace: My own design//Watch: Ebay//Suede pumps: Jo Mercer//Jacket: Lovelygirl//Ipad case (as clutch): Typo
I’m such a bad blogger when it comes to awards and tags but thanks to ExCurly and Akifor the tags. I’m going to attempt to answer some of the Qs:
1. Who is your favorite superhero? Why? Spiderman, because of Andrew Garfield, who is a babe and a half
2. What is your favorite magazine? I haven’t bought a magazine in so long but if I could I would buy every single Vogue Paris Collections
3. Have you ever lived abroad? Well… Technically Australia is “abroad” for me
4. If you could only wear one accessory (bracelet, earring, necklace, etc) for the rest of your life, what would you wear? Is this question trying to trick me to NOT say shoes? I’m going to go with shoes
5. Do you own any animals? No
6. How do you know when it’s true love? Pass
7. As for perfume… floral, fruity, foodie, other? Chypre, fruity top note, floral mid, mossy undertones oOOOooo yeahhh
8. Do you have a favorite store to shop at for clothes? I don’t buy clothes often but Clegs, for fabrics.
9. What blogging habit gets on your nerves? People who only post other people’s pictures with no words…
10. What type of music do you like listening to? Any favorite artists or songs? I listen to pretty much everything but right now I’m really enjoying Anthem Lights and Karmin.
11. Are you satisfied with your job? At this stage, yes, very.
May 28, 2012 § 20 Comments
I’ve finally figuratively gotten back on the horse, and started sewing again. While I still love some serious colour blocking, I’m also feeling more into prints, more specifically cotton sateen prints. Haven’t had enough time to shoot all the skirts I’ve made over the past couple of days but here’s a preview of things to comeThese days finding the right balance between what’s appropriate for work and what I enjoy wearing is getting a lot easier. Thanks to a love blazers and heels from a young age! Printed skirt: My own design//Ribbed peter pan shirt: Decorated by me//Grey blazer: LFDM//Tan satchel: Prada//Printed scarf; gift//Suede booties; Joanne Mercer//Ring: eBay
PS. Thanks for the lovely comments about the shirt+sweater look, I got another shirt(and bangle)PPS: I’m on Pinterest now!
May 23, 2012 § 19 Comments
Please let me first apologise for the quality of these photos. These days I’d be lucky to get any natural light after returning home from work, taking outfit photos on self timer just seemed like far too much effort(I actually put out a call for someone with ANY photography prowess to come and take my blog photos everyday on twitter, alas no takers). Feeling the guilt of not blogging for over a month, I begged mum to take my outfit photo, forgetting mother’s photography skills are-and limited to-; taking pictures of food she cooks, taking pictures of my food and taking pictures of paddocks while on the train all of which are done on her blackberry. I am very grateful to her however that I have anything to show at all after screwing up the setting on my DSLR trying to capture the insanely beautiful, bright moon (is there a magic reset button on my Nikon D3000 that I can jab a pin into?) Anyway, I am loving purple lately.Cashmere jumper: Designed by me, knitted in homeland//scarf: zaraBi-colour chiffon skirt: My own design//Taffetta jacket: Huckabees//Patent mary-janes: LFDM//Rings: gifts and eBay//Bag: LFDM//Scarf: Gifted
May 14, 2012 § 15 Comments
April 14, 2012 § 21 Comments